If you're looking for another way to lend a hand to people in need, then our Paid Dining Assistant course is a great place to begin. Like our healthcare training classes, our paid dining assistant training classes will help you get ready to work in nursing homes and other healthcare buildings.
Our course is an 8-hour program that teaches:
- Dining techniques.
- Assistance with dining and hydration.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Appropriate responses to resident behavior.
- Safety and emergency procedures, including the Heimlich Maneuver.
- Infection control.
- Resident rights.
- Recognizing behavior changes in residents that are different from their normal behavior, and know the importance of reporting those changes to the supervisory nurse.
After successful completion of the course, the student will receive a certificate for the completion of the Paid Dining Assistant program, which will fulfill all of the training requirements needed to work as a State of Michigan Paid Dining Assistant! To learn more about our Paid Dining Assistant program or to start your journey today with any of our other Home Health Aide Training courses, contact us at Michigan Healthcare Academy (MHA)!