At Michigan Healthcare Academy (MHA) we are proud to provide entry-level heathcare training courses in order for you to get a head start in reaching your goals. Dedicated to offering you the tools you need to save lives, we offer CPR training.
We have a variety of BLS and CPR Certification options including:
Family & Friends CPR:
- Teaches the lifesaving skills of adult Hands-Only CPR, adult CPR with breaths, child CPR with breaths, adult and child AED use, infant CPR, and mild and severe airway block for adults, children, and infants.
- Group Classroom Environment: works well for learners who prefer group interaction and feedback while learning skills.
- Hands-On Training.
- For people who want to learn CPR but do not need a CPR course completion card to meet a job requirement.
- Uses AHA’s research-proven practice-while-watching technique, which improves learning and retention.
- Each student receives high-quality course materials for ongoing reference.
- Group Interaction with Hand-On Coaching and Feedback from American Heart Association Instructor.
- Course includes Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) instruction and automated external defibrillator (AED) use.
- After successful completion of this course, the student will receive a Heartsaver CPR/AED certification card that is valid for 2 years.
BLS/CPR – Instructor-Led Training:
- Taught by an American Heart Association’s (AHA) Certified Instructor.
- Both single-rescuer and team basic life support skills will be taught for application in both prehospital and in-facility environments.
- Focus on High-Quality CPR and team dynamics.
- For anyone wishing to enter the healthcare profession but is also open to the public for all of those who wish to learn critical lifesaving skills.
- After successful completion of the course, you will receive your American Heart Association’s (AHA) BLS/CPR Certification, which will remain valid for 2 years.
HeartCode CPR/BLS (e-Learning and hands-on):
- Uses a variety of eLearning assets such as dramatizations, simulations, animations, self-directed learning, and interactive activities to teach students BLS knowledge and skills.
- After completing the online portion, students attend a structured BLS Hands-On Session with an AHA Instructor.
- Session focuses on meaningful skills practice, debriefing, team scenarios, discussions of local protocols, and skills testing.
- Where available, students may also complete the hands-on session with a voice-assisted manikin (VAM).
- For healthcare professionals seeking an alternative method for completing an initial or renewal BLS Course.
- Updated science and education reflecting the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC.
- Includes in-facility and prehospital tracks; student chooses his/her track before starting the HeartCode BLS Online Portion.
CPR/BLS for Healthcare Professionals-Renewal:
- Shorter accelerated course for Healthcare Professionals who have previous training and certification in Basic Life Support/CPR.
- Students participate in simulated clinical scenarios and learning stations.
- Students work with an AHA BLS Instructor to complete BLS skills practice and skills testing.
- Students also complete a written exam.
- Reflects science and education from AHA Guidelines.
- Instructor-led, hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency.
- Emphasis on high-quality CPR.
- Video-based course with real-world scenarios.
When it comes to obtaining your CPR certification, you can always rely on Michigan Healthcare Academy (MHA) to provide you with the best quality education. To enroll today, contact Michigan Healthcare Academy (MHA) today!